Insects bites and stings are common, and almost every person on the planet has experienced them. In most cases, these bites are subtle and can clear away by themselves. However, there are times when insect bites can cause severe allergic reactions or transmit lethal bacteria or viruses to humans.
To relieve the unpleasant effects of an insect bite or sting, you will need a well-formulated ointment or cream. In this piece, we reviewed our top three best ointments or cream for insect bites. These products have been formulated using safe but potent ingredients that will offer quick relief from mites and insect bites irritations. Read through and be sure to choose a product that reflects your unique taste and preference.
Mite-B-Gone 10% Sulfur Cream Relief from Mites, Insect Bites, Acne, Fungus
This is an all-natural formula that blends nourishing essential oils to counteract mites, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema and a range of fungal infections. This cream is formulated using 10% premium sulphur and tea tree oil to offer fast results in calming itchy irritated skin. Sunflower oil, shea butter, calendula flower oil, and jojoba oil deliver moisturization while effectively soothing the skin.
The anti-itch formula is free of any harsh chemicals and therefore is effective in treating skin infections without irritating the skin. It is made in the US in an FDA facility which guarantees top-quality formula that is safe for all skin types
- A multi-functional formula that works to bring relief from various skin conditions such as mites, bugs, acne, eczema among others
- Combines soothing and inflammatory properties to offset itching and clear away any marks
- Free of harsh chemicals
- Manufactured in an FDA facility to ensure the topmost quality
- Has a strong medicinal scent that may put off many users off
- Comes in a small jar that runs out fast
- Did not work on some users
Emu Joy Bug Bite Stick – Natural Fast Relief for Bug Bite Itch
This is an all-natural stick that will offer fast relief from bug bite itch. The handy pocket-size stick is easy to carry around, so you are not caught unawares by insects’ bites. It is your trusted companion as you enjoy your favourite outdoor activities.
The best cream for insect bites is safe for kids to carry and use by themselves. It has an appearance of solid lip balm so you or your children will not experience messy application. It is free of any strong odour, sting or pain. It the safest bug bite cream to bring to your outdoor activities such as camping.
Apart from bites, Emu Joy Bug Bite Stick serves other purposes healing chapped skin and lips; sunburns, bruises, minor campfire burns, dry skin among such related conditions. It also offers treatment to other insect bites like a flea, chigger, spider mite bedbug, gnat, and horsefly.
The anti-itch cream features emu oil which penetrates deep into the skin to offer instant relief from itch and pain. Emu oil has a faster absorption rate into the body than any oil due to its resemblance in composition with human skin oil.
- A travel-friendly product that you can carry in your backpack, travel kit or pulse
- It is safe for use by all family members from babies to the elderly members
- Formulated using emu oil that penetrates deep into the skin for fast and effective action
- A multi-functional formulation that relieves chapped lips, dry skin, insect bites, diaper rash, bruise, scratches among others
- Made of calming organic botanicals making it safe for people with sensitive skin
- Free of parabens, gluten, dairy, and petroleum products
- A user experienced redness of the skin while using this product
Caladryl Lotion, Calamine Plus Itch Reliever
This is a topical analgesic that numbs the body to block the feelings of itchiness or pain. It works to temporarily relieve the body from the pain and itching caused by minor irritations such as sunburns, insect bites, eczema, rashes or cold sores.
This formula is recommended by doctors to dry oozing injuries and offer a calming effect to itchy skin. The active ingredients in this formula are calamine and pramoxine HCl. Calamine is well known for treating irritations and itching caused by insect bites or stings, eczema, measles, poison ivy, among other minor skin conditions. Pramoxine HCL, on the other hand, numbs the skin from the itching and pain caused by the conditions named earlier.
- A doctor recommended a remedy for relieving itching and numbing the pain of insect bite and sting
- Offers unmatched calming effect to an irritated skin
- Offers quite fast results
- A user complained of receiving a watered product
- It did not bring results to some users
Choosing the best cream or ointment for insect bites be daunting considering the number of lotions and creams in the market, all promising great results. A cream or ointment used to treat insect bites should be well formulated using safe ingredients that will not worsen the situation.
If you are nursing an insect bite and you would like to purchase a cream to relieve the unpleasant effects, then we would recommend considering the above-reviewed products.